Re: [Test Report 2] Minimum RAM required to install 'saucy-desktop-i386.iso' from LiveCD

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 4:14 AM, Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Ali,
>
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013, at 03:57 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
>
> >    - Installation Type: 'Something Else' - I wanted to create two
> >      partitions manually.
> >    - Partitions: Two Partitions (Root and SWAP).
>
> I'd much prefer a test using the default install type.  We want to
> verify that a novice user who installs Lubuntu on what used to be an old
> XP machine can easily do so.  Such users are not likely to be selecting
> "Something Else" and doing manual partitioning.  They probably don't
> even know what a swap partition is.

Jonathan,

With all due respect, this will make no difference whatsoever, IMHO. What
this has to do with RAM Usage and zRAM and stuff like that?

Beside, I don't mind to do this but I have already done it the other day:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lubuntu-users/2013-June/004563.html

The whole report, 4 test cases, all were about what you are asking me now
to do :D

> Keep it simple, act like a newcomer, stick to the default choices
> wherever possible.
>
> Simpler than this? :D
Do you have any idea how long I spent to write that report and do all that?
I do have a Real Life too :P

I do see your point, you need to explain nothing but ... I don't know, I
don't think this will  make any difference.
We are NOT writing a manual 'here'. We are testing. Sharing Reports, etc.

When we write the manual, which is not going to be on the mailing list, we
will go as easy as possible and as simple as possible.
This is what I have done when I created LOST.

Having said that, the result was really encouraging!  I don't *think*
> this would have affected the result... but it would be good to *know*.
>
> Jonathan
> --
>   Jonathan Marsden
>   jmarsden@xxxxxxxxxxx

I still see no good reason to do a 7th test (4 before, 2 tonight - not to
mention the failed ones) but if you insist, I can do it later, not tonight.
It's 4:30am and I'm half asleep already O_o

--

"All of us are smarter than any one of us."

*Best Regards,*
*amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/>*
*Start Ubuntu<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu/StartUbuntu>
*