Re: Low RAM Testing wiki page

On 06/21/2013 03:08 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:

> 1- Add a link of "from where" to download the daily build.

If you don't know that, you are not a regular QA tester :)  I can add a
link, but I hope everyone on lubuntu-qa knows where the ISOs are by now!

> 2- I see some contents on the table that way too far for a beginner to
> carry on and do so I do suggest to remove it -

Well, please add some more nice simple table contents, then I'll look at
removing any entries that are overly complex :)

I just did a few tests today in Virtualbox and documented my results...
I can get down to installing the default way from the desktop ISO on a
(virtual) machine with 208MB RAM and 12MB used for video, 195MB free
according to

  free -m

in the installed Lubuntu.  zRAM is working :)

> Question:
> Is this page going to help us as members of Lubuntu? or help everyone
> who is using Lubuntu?

It's mainly for internal use -- it helps those writing documentation.
It's not intended for general Lubuntu users.  Which is why I did not
send the email about it to the lubuntu-users list :)

> This page is super helpful for us mainly to document our results.  As
> for beginners, all what they need to 'read' is the system requirement
> for Lubuntu :)

Exactly.

Jonathan