Re: Hi, I'm the opensnap developer

2013/6/27 brenner <root@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi
>
> As stated in the subject I'm the opensnap
> (https://github.com/lawl/opensnap) developer. It basically provides aero
> snap functionality for openbox.
> I saw you guys were recently discussing it and the fact that it's not in
> the repositories.
> I had a short talk with phillw today in IRC and he adviced me to drop a
> mail on this list explaining who I am. So here's that.
>
> If you need any help with it, i'd be happy to.

I was curious, so I tested it on my system, but I was enable to make
it work. There is no documentation which describe the way to activate
it (or I didn't see it). Also, I understood opensnap is a daemon
running in the background, which intercept windows movements. As we
are in the process to reduce daemon and other applications running all
the time, I don't think we can integrate it by default.

I suggest that you try to make a package or pushing it into a PPA, to
make it more easy to test.

Regards,
Julien Lavergne