Re: Alpha 1 upgrade tests

On 2013-06-29 02:48, Jonathan Marsden wrote:
> On 06/28/2013 05:44 PM, Erick Brunzell wrote:
>
>> I think it's very possible but much testing is required :^)
>
> Is the upgrade testing a suitable candidate for automation, so the "much
> testing" doesn't need "much human tester time" to accomplish?
>
> Jonathan

I guess the problem is not upgrading a completely standard version, but
a version, that has been used by a real person, and there are some extra
packages added, maybe also some PPAs. Or a version that was upgraded
before. (My present production environment, now 12.04.2, started as 8.04.)

If testing in such situations can be done in some [more] automatic way
than now, that's good, but it will probably be hard to make it work.