Fwd: "Testcase pilots"

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ho Wan Chan <smartboyhw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Subject: "Testcase pilots"
To: "ubuntu-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ubuntu-quality@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Ubuntu Quality Team,

If you have been a member of the Ubuntu Development Team (or if you have
been subscribed to the ubuntu-devel mailing list) you will know that Ubuntu
Development has a system called "Patch pilots". Look at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/CodeReviews?action=show&redirect=PatchPilot#Patch_Pilotsfor
a better introduction.

Basically, one pilot (or two if possible) stands on guard at certain times,
and helps developers who doesn't have upload permissions to upload their
packages upon review.

This might be a good idea for our team to implement. We can have people to
get their testcases (no matter Autopliot or autopkgtest or manual) reviewed
and merged.

The "testcase pilots" should be people from the Ubuntu Testcase Admins Team
in Launchpad (https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-testcase), and maybe the
Canonical Platform QA Team members.

You might wonder how to update the topic of our IRC channel at
#ubuntu-quality and at #ubuntu-autopilot. Well, as I can see in
#ubuntu-devel, patch pilots do have a process to automatically check in
using a bot. I think if everyone agrees to this plan, we can ask the
development team on how do they implement it.

This is just a suggestion, and feedback is welcome from everyone.

Do have a think of it:)

Best wishes,
Howard Chan (smartboyhw)