Re: The Sensitivity of Touch Pad

Ali,

On 07/04/2013 02:01 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:

> Can we, *_by default_*, reduce the sensitivity of the Touch Pad for a
> Laptop?
> Honestly, the Touch Pad do things even before I touch it. Whenever I use
> Lubutnu, I can NOT use it without a mouse. Using Lubuntu on any Laptop
> is a huge pain in the neck if there is no mouse.

Can you be sure this is Lubuntu-specific?  If you install Ubuntu on the
same machine (or run it from a LiveCD), do you get a *different*
mousepad sensitivity to the sensitivity in Lubuntu?

I do not think we (Lubuntu) do anything "special" regarding this -- we
should not have to.  If there is an issue with mousepad drivers, then
IMO it needs fixing at that level, not by a config tweak in Lubuntu.

I'd suggest filing a bug in Launchpad in the usual way, with full
details of hardware, Ubuntu/Lubuntu version, mousepad driver used, etc.

FWIW, I'm the exact opposite of you -- I can never be bothered to hook
up a mouse to a notebook machine, it makes the resulting computing
system less portable, and it is easy to leave a wireless mouse behind
accidentally.  Now, that's perhaps partly because I spend more time at
the keyboard in a shell window than the average Lubuntu user does (!),
but still... it's just not a problem for me when web browsing, etc. from
notebook machines.

I'll try to test on an oldish Acer laptop here, and see if I can make it
misbehave... it's fine on my Samsung XE303 ARM Chromebook, but that is
running LXDE via Crouton under ChromeOS, so not actually Lubuntu :)

Jonathan