Re: The Sensitivity of Touch Pad

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 1:51 AM, Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Ali,
>
> On 07/04/2013 02:01 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
>
> > Can we, *_by default_*, reduce the sensitivity of the Touch Pad for a
> > Laptop?
> > Honestly, the Touch Pad do things even before I touch it. Whenever I use
> > Lubutnu, I can NOT use it without a mouse. Using Lubuntu on any Laptop
> > is a huge pain in the neck if there is no mouse.
>
> Can you be sure this is Lubuntu-specific?

Yes. As you know, I've been using Lubuntu for years. I have 3 Laptops at my
place.
1- HP Pavilion DV6 - Core i5 with 4GB RAM
2- Lenovo G570 - Core i5 2nd generation with 4GB RAM
3- Test Machine - ASUS F3F - Due Core with 512MB RAM

I do have this issue on ALL of them. This issue is forcing me to use a
mouse. I do NOT want to use a mouse.

> If you install Ubuntu on the
> same machine (or run it from a LiveCD), do you get a *different*
> mousepad sensitivity to the sensitivity in Lubuntu?

I can't remember when was the last time I've used Ubuntu :D since Unity,
I'm keeping myself away. So, not 100% sure.

> I do not think we (Lubuntu) do anything "special" regarding this -- we
> should not have to.

Exactly but it looks like there is something weird. I'm not talking about a
specific release, I'm talking about all the releases I have tried so far.

> If there is an issue with mousepad drivers, then
> IMO it needs fixing at that level, not by a config tweak in Lubuntu.

Whatever the issue is, wherever it is, I think this need to be
changed/adjust/fixed.

> I'd suggest filing a bug in Launchpad in the usual way, with full
> details of hardware, Ubuntu/Lubuntu version, mousepad driver used, etc.

Sure :)

> FWIW, I'm the exact opposite of you -- I can never be bothered to hook
> up a mouse to a notebook machine, it makes the resulting computing
> system less portable, and it is easy to leave a wireless mouse behind
> accidentally.  Now, that's perhaps partly because I spend more time at
> the keyboard in a shell window than the average Lubuntu user does (!),
> but still... it's just not a problem for me when web browsing, etc. from
> notebook machines.

How is that you are the opposite of me? :D
I'm trying to avoid using a mouse, that is the point of sending this email
:D
Because of this issue I'm talking about, I'm forced to find a mouse, plug
it, and use it instead of the Touch Pad. I don't like that. The mouse is
slowing me down.

> I'll try to test on an oldish Acer laptop here, and see if I can make it
> misbehave... it's fine on my Samsung XE303 ARM Chromebook, but that is
> running LXDE via Crouton under ChromeOS, so not actually Lubuntu :)

Not sure about other systems, I use Lubuntu only and I suffer a lot.

BY THE WAY, I'm having even harder time when I type, grrrrrrrrrrr, I have
mentioned that before, I do blind typing. I don't look at the Keyboard when
I type and I do type so fast. I can NOT do that with Lubuntu unless I
disable the Touch Pad. Every since word I write, because the Touch Pad is
very very sensitive, it always give me mistakes and typo so this issue slow
me down a lot.

--

"All of us are smarter than any one of us."

*Best Regards,*
*amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/>*
*Start Ubuntu<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu/StartUbuntu>
*