PPC: Live CD will not boot to GUI

@Phil

As you requested yesterday, I attempted to boot the Ubuntu 13.10 Live iso. It acted the same as the Lubuntu 13.10 Live iso-- it would not progress past the text screen with the 4 flashing dots (plymouth?). For the record, I was never able to boot the Ubuntu 13.04 Live iso, either.

I can "control-F*" and get to a console, and restart or shutdown with "sudo shutdown -r now" or (-h now) to shutdown. I can also run "dmesg | less" and generate a report. I'm not yet sure if that report is useful.

I tried "ubuntu-bug syslinux" and got a message that no such package for syslinux existed.

About a week ago, I tried the Kubuntu Live iso and got the same results.

Keith (keith-z on Launchpad)

Follow ups