Re: [Feedback Needed] zram-config

Hello Leszek,

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 1:03 AM, <leszek.lesner@xxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't get your Problem Ali

I'm deeply sorry, looks like I made it look like as a problem rather than a
call for help/support.
I do have no problems, trust me. I was just trying to gather a summary or
feedback so I listed few Qs and thought that would not only help me, nor
whatever community I share the idea with, but everyone else including
Lubuntu Users. I might be wrong to hope for too much but I made it clear
since the first email. So, sorry for any confusion.

> I thought you tested out zram

Yes, true.

> and I explained how it technicaly worked.

And I still have the emails as a reference which I always refer to :)

> If the unamed Community you are working together with still does not see
> the benefit then they maybe don't know what you are talking about and
> simply don't understand the technical background.

To put that right, there is a procedure I must go through in order for this
idea to be presented. I did not yet go through that procedure because I am
still in the beginning of my suggestion/proposal. That is all.
I will definitely go and read about the rightful procedure and represent
the idea because such successful story should be helpful to others as well.
After all, the target is the users themselves.

> Maybe an argument like apple now uses this for their new osx version too
> might be something to convince them.

What a helpful piece of information!!!
Many thanks!

> All in all zram or how it was called in previous incarnations compcache is
> nothing new really.

Yes, but apparently it is kind new to Ubuntu Community as a whole.

> Most smartphones use this technology to boost memory space like my n9
> here.

WOW, another good information here!!!

> As modern computers nowadays have lots of ram applications tend to use
> more (see chromium). So even for this 4GB or even 8GB RAM machines zram can
> be usefull as a fallback swappartition. (that you normally don't create on
> hd for this machines).

Hmm, so even with High RAM it could be helpful too?

> For the community stuff and the other stuff you were talking about. I
> don't see a big issue. Sharing is still the fundamental innovation engine
> for almost all opensource projects including lubuntu. I guess you
> missunderstood phill.

I'm really glad to know that and that fact is still exist. Many many thanks
:)

*Best Regards,*
*amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad> - **StartUbuntu
Project<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu/StartUbuntu>