Re: AMD64+mac "no network interfaces detected"

[I wrote at the end]

On 2013-07-24 14:01, Nio Wiklund wrote:

On 2013-07-24 12:38, Lars Noodén wrote:> The AMD64+mac Desktop image
seems to install ok, but I think I've found
> a big, red bug for the Alternate image.  During the step "Configure the
> network", the following error message pops up:
>
> 	No network interfaces detected
>
> 	No network interfaces were found.  The installation system
> 	was unable to find a network devices
>
> 	You may need to load a specific module for your network card,
> 	if you have one.  For this, go back to the network hardware
> 	detection step.
>
> This would be a bug against the package 'debian-installer' wouldn't it?
>  It is on the 20130723.1 Alternate amd64+mac image.
>
> Regards,
> /Lars
>
> On 2013-07-24 13:33, Lars Noodén wrote:
>> On 24.07.2013 14:19, Phill Whiteside wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> yes, it is debian installer for alternate images.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Phill.
>>
>> Thanks.  I've added it to launchpad:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1204464
>>
>> Regards,
>> /Lars
>>
> I'm running the 32-bit alternate installer too, and I'm waiting to see,
> what happens. I had the same message in the beginning, and recently it
> asked about proxy (which I have not). We'll see if the installed system
> will work. (I'm testing in vbox right now.)
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Hi again,

The installed system (in VirtualBox) has a working network. I can ping
as well as ssh to LAN addresses and I can watch the splash at
ubuntuforums.org with Firefox.

Maybe the bug you found is affecting the installation somehow, but I did
not notice anything except the message and the red screen.

-o-

But zRAM does not work in the installed system. (zRAM does work for me
in live and installed systems from the current desktop iso, Jul 23 2013.)

I will check if it works in the installer itself and let you know ...