Re: Video Problems - Saucy

Em 02/08/2013 07:49, "Ali Linx (amjjawad)" <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

>>> Please consider BogoMips score just for reference, the difference
>>> between this class of CPU in real life is huge. In theory my P4 3.0Ghz
>>> score 6000 bogomips. The Intel Core Duo 1.86Ghz score is 7440 (3720
>>> per core) and is a REAL dual core not an Hyper Threading CPU like the
>>> P4.  Means a you have two physical CPU working on the video decode.
>

> Okay, I found out that sysinfo can provide that information:
>
> -Processors-
> Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz        : 3066.54MHz
> Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz        : 3066.54MHz
>
> BogoMIPS: 6133.08
>
> By the way, it is 64bit CPU but that does not really matter since I have
512MB Phsycial RAM on that machine.

> The cloest one that mataches the above is:
http://ark.intel.com/products/27462/Intel-Pentium-4-Processor-524-supporting-HT-Technology-1M-Cache-3_06-GHz-533-MHz-FSB

Mine is
http://ark.intel.com/m/products/27465/Intel-Pentium-4-Processor-531-supporting-HT-Technology-1M-Cache-3_00-GHz-800-MHz-FSB

So it means you are using a 533mhz fsb, not 800mhz. Then you have a half of
the bandwidth of a Core Duo 1.86. (1066mhz). Again I think your P4 have
enough power to decode decently a 720p video but not 1080p.

F.