Re: Lubuntu 13.10 beta

On 2013-09-17 21:39, Lars Noodén wrote:
> On 09/17/2013 10:32 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> [snip]
>> It looks like it could be a problem with low RAM. The installer cannot
>> not handle it in a proper way, so it 'hangs'. Fortunately it has already
>> finished writing the installation to disk.
> [snip]
>
> I was able to get the Desktop AMD64+mac disc to hang or freeze
> consistently with the 2013-09-13 image.  It would get to near the end of
> the slide show is that the same thing as what you are talking about?
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1225429
>
> That is on 1GB of RAM.
>
> Regards,
> /Lars

There were two levels:

1. It finished gracefully, but would not reboot. The installed system
was complete. I used 1.25 GB (1280 MB) for the ordinary Lubuntu desktop
64 bit installer.

2. It hanged or froze before finishing (at some various stages before
the screen telling you to reboot). There was no complete installed system.

I plan to look more into it today.