Re: Lubuntu 13.10 beta

On 09/18/2013 11:09 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:
> An update,
>
> the kernel boots okay and when stressed with swap does not crash. The next
> step will be to make an ISO with it in and see if it does, indeed, squish
> the bug. The kernel team are on the case and we will be asked to help test
> an ISO at some point in the (hopefully near) future.
>
> Thanks everyone for the input and testing on this. Weird crashes leaving no
> trace are the hardest to track down.
>
> Regards,
>
> Phill.

I tried that kernel today:

	Linux lubuntu 3.11.0-7-generic #14~lp1227202v1 SMP
	Wed Sep 18 16:02:47 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Unfortunately the system still managed to freeze up when I launched an
app a few minutes ago.  Plugging and unplugging USB devices has not had
an effect.  I think you might be the only one to be able to do it on
demand with that Zynga thing.

I will be trying Leszek Lesner's suggestion with zram for the rest of
the day:

	sudo swapoff /dev/zram0
	sudo swapoff /dev/zram1
	sudo rmmod zram

But it will probably take until tomorrow to be sure, unless it freezes
first.

Regards,
/Lars