Fwd: final Lubuntu i386 desktop live

[Results after installation at the end]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: final Lubuntu i386 desktop live
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 09:06:30 +0200
From: Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx>
To: lubuntu-qa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <lubuntu-qa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi!

I have started testing the final Lubuntu i386 desktop live session, and
found the bugs 940919 and 1213837.

Slow but no freeze with low RAM

I limited RAM to 256 MB, and it worked. no freeze while I installed htop
at the same time as I opened Firefox. I could run htop and watch
swapping. Firefox was extremely slow, and you hardly browse to
ubuntu.com (I saw the top of the page but could not scroll, even after
waiting for minutes). So live session with 256 MB is no go with this
version in this computer

http://www.toshiba.se/laptops/satellite-pro/c850/satellite-pro-c850-19w/

if you want to browse the internet. I could close Firefox and see the
RAM being released.

Maybe old hardware and an installed system eats less RAM, so it might
work better with low RAM, but the main reason of this test was to
stress-test zRAM.

------------------------
Hi again,

Installation worked with 512 MB RAM. Not the same freeze as with beta2,
but the restart after installation was not clean. It froze with only
back-light on, and I had to shut off with the button. After booting the
installed system worked as it should.

Firefox offered to install flash 'Plugin Finder Service 2', but it got
stuck forever (a bug?). But sudo apt-get flashplugin-installer works and
lets me watch youtube videos. Firefox works reasonably well as installed
with 256 MB RAM (much better than live in the same computer).

I did not identify any of the old bugs.