Re: One Button Installer improved with dialog menus and xz compression

2013/10/28 Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Federico,
>
> I'm glad that your system is portable via the tarball :-)
>
> OK, I was conservative, and kept the simple, fast and less memory-greedy
> gzip compression, but I listen to your advice, so I will prepare to make
> xz compression standard in the next version. I guess you know that xz is
> slower expanding (maybe 25%) and much slower compressing (it needs more
> than the double time), and you still want to because small size is
> highest priority?
>
> And thanks for the observation about the "Attempt to read or write
> outside of disk hd0" and PATA.
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Well Nio,

a small size on the usb drive it's better I think. but If you prefer
fast compression (and thinking about it should be the better choice
for old computers) at least you could add an advanced option to choose
the type of compression and the name of the tarball.

Let me know.

F.