Re: One Button Installer improved with dialog menus and xz compression

On 2013-10-30 01:04, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> On 2013-10-30 00:59, Federico Leoni wrote:
>> 2013/10/29 Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> On 2013-10-29 23:11, Federico Leoni wrote:
>>>
>>> I think this convinced me to make the system ready for the end user
>>> (skipping the oem-stage).
>>>
>>> Would there still be a need for an open text file with simple
>>> instructions? In that case, what instructions?
>>
>> If you skip the oem-stage then no instructions are needed. The OEM
>> installer is easy to follow.
>
> OK
>
>>> The wallpaper could make the pure Lubuntu and the tweaked version
>>> different visually.
>>
>> I agree with you.
>>
>>> xubuntu-precise.tar.xz
>>>
>>> is already among the uploaded tarballs. Try it in a computer that copes
>>> with precise or wait for the Saucy version :-)
>>
>> Then I'm out. Precise was always full of issues on my notebook. I
>> think I'll install Xfce desktop on Lubuntu 13.10 just to see how it
>> runs on such an old machine. You know, watch competitors is always a
>> good thing. :)
>
> Yes, that's a good idea :-)
>
>> F.

Hi Federico,

Now there are two new tarballs without tweaks at phillw.net for you to test

md5sum
06b3fe52a56a3af758ef48b59b9e3b24  tarballs/Lubuntu_13.10oct30.tar.xz
4c5259a774d0945b08a8d7515e192f68  tarballs/Lubuntu_13.10oem-oct30.tar.xz

'Lubuntu_13.10oem-oct30.tar.xz' is for OEM guys (like you)

'Lubuntu_13.10oct30.tar.xz' is for end users (after the OEM guy has
clicked the icon in the top left corner)

There is at least one glitch: The end user is given the opportunity to
select language, but it will not be installed properly at the
installation (at least not Swedish, that I tested). But when the user
selects (from the main menu)

Preferences--Language Support

and installs the relevant language, it will work after the next reboot.

Do you know if this can be improved (without installing all languages at
the OEM level)?