Re: One Button Installer improved with dialog menus and xz compression

2013/10/29 Federico Leoni <effelle@xxxxxxxxx>:
> 2013/10/29 Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx>:

>>> Agree. Let me test the tarball then you'll add to the OBI dd image.

>>> Yep, don't need to report any line of code you change.
>>>
>>> Wow, the will to start to write again some script is returning...
>>>
>>> F.
>>>
>> Hi Federico,
>>
>> I have uploaded a tarball of Lubuntu 13.10 OEM to phillw.net now. The
>> uploading was quite fast. Let me know if your download speed is good
>> enough, or if I need to upload it to my google drive account too!
>>
>> md5sum:
>> 973b776baaf9ef45989b49b3ad748eab
>> tarballs/Lubuntu_13.10oem-oct28-testing.tar.xz
>>
>> Good luck testing it :-)
>>
>> Best regards
>> Nio
>>
> Good morning Nio,
>
> this time the download was fast enough, 1MB/s.
> Will test today ASAP.
>
> F.

Nio,

I ended now my test on Lubuntu_13.10oem-oct28-testing.tar.xz.
Installation was done on the oldest notebook I have, Dell C400 P3 866
with 768mb ram and was completed in less than 15 min via USB 1.1.
On reboot I've found the classic icon for oem setup and all went well.

Test I have done:
- Reboot to close OEM procedure
- Configuration of the system locale, language and keyboard for my needs;
- Installation of drivers for Broadcom wifi card (b43), various
programs using synaptic and software center, download of Chrome via
Firefox.;
- apt update and upgrade
- generic testing

My obs:
1. When I've installed the old tarball of 13.10
(Lubuntu_13.10oct18.tar.xz) I was pleasantly surprised that my intel
integrated (i830 running on i915 drv) worked out of the box without
blank screen or system freeze. Installing he new tarball
Lubuntu_13.10oem-oct28-testing.tar.xz I'm back to reality: you put a
configured xorg.conf on /etc/X11/ folder to use the UXA accelmethod,
the same I use. Anyway this configuration isn't present on the new
tarball so it's just a simple annotation.

2. On first reboot there are some words not translated in English but
are in Swedish, your natural language I suppose. Look at the day on
the clock to see what I mean. Starting to create the tarball from a
pure English install will solve it. :)

3. Oem setup is ready but we need to analyze the situation here... Am
I the end user or the OEM?
I know, kind of confusing but let me explain:
If I am the end user what I need is just the final configuration, like
when I turn on from the very first time a new Windows installed by OEM
(Dell, HP, Acer...). Need to choose language if available and personal
preference and I'll be ready to use my computer.
If on the other hand I am the OEM then your tarball is ready, I can
configure or add all I need then close the procedure and ship the
machine ready to start with the final step.

Last thing: did you changed the background on
lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf? The default should be
1310-lubuntu-default-wallpaper.png but strangely is
lubuntu-default-wallpaper.png.

Let me know what you think.

F.