Re: keymap us(alt-intl) not working as expected.

Good morning all,
please see in line reply.

> To the people affected by this bug, I would like to suggest trying also to configure
> their keyboard with dpkg-reconfigure. ie:
> sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration

> with or without sudo anyhow. To avoid the lxkeymap bug (in a 12.04 basis it simply does
> not keep the configuration) I use this one desktop file in "Bento" (Ubuntu Openbox Remix,
> 12.04):
> http://meets.free.fr/Downloads/BentoVillageProject/Configurations/System/usr/share/applications/keyboard-configuration.desktop
>
> The reconfiguration is system wide, which is not ideal but at least works:
> Exec=gksu "xterm -maximized -e 'dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration'"
>
> If you try to reconfigure with dpkg-reconfigure and that it provides the right keyboard,
> the problem would be only in the gui app. I think trying the command line could
> perhaps give an additional information.

Tested right now without success Melodie. Both on desktop and a TTY1.
Note that on TTY the keyboard map is stuck on US standard and if I
press the combination '+c the output is 'c, not ç (correct) or ć. No
additional informations/errors were given.

> When it comes to lxkeymap it would keep its configuration if you would autostart it with lxkeymap --autostart at the beginning of your session.
> But as it does not come with latest lubuntu release by default configuring the panel xkb plugin should work correctly.

As you said Leszek it should works but it didn't. The keyboard output
the right char just if I set the whole system to Portuguese. But as
Nio reported this is not the solution for a Swedish system.

F.