Re: [Lubuntu-wiki-docs] [Lubuntu-brainstorming] [Proposal] LCC (Lubuntu Community Council)

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 6:14 AM, Ho Wan Chan <smartboyhw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Lubuntu Brainstormin Team,

Hello :)

> I would like to raise some points on the proposal.

You are welcome :)

> 1. Ali was saying, "We don't have many active members." This poses a huge
> threat to a council which, in it's early days, require active
> participation. Especiallu when you have team members and leaders not
> responding to e-mails often, think again whether you can maintain it.

The situation is already hard, you are not required to make it harder, you
are required to make it simple and easy :)

Yes and No.
First of all, the proposal to have LCC is a proposal. Second, kindly
re-read it carefully. And to quote:

" 5- Team Leaders of Lubuntu Sub-Teams are members of this Council." <<
means that the current active team leaders are, by default, members of this
group.

Rafael = TL of Artwork
Sergio = TL of Wiki
Julien = TL of QA (we do need someone else so he can focus on dev work -
just a thought) and Dev
Comms = we do need someone
Brainstorming = Myself (if someone wants to take over, please do!)

So far, 4 people.
And, I have names in mind but I can't do anything but wait for them to step
in.

> 2. The naming, itself, is incorrect.

I disagree. I am afraid you don't really see the point but it is okay, I
will explain.

> Look at the Kubuntu Council and the Edubuntu Council. Both of them don't
> have the word "Community" in the title. This is because everyone knows that
> the development decisions are made not necessarily by the councils, but by
> their developers. There's no explicit need for the word "community" in it.

That is why you are wrong.

This LCC is 'NOT' a technical one. Please, re-read the proposal carefully!!!
I have spoken to Lyz last night and she also shared the same idea like many
people around here that a project or a team who has a non-technical or
non-dev to lead or administrate it or organize is much better and more
powerful than a project or a team who is assigned to a dev or a technical
person.
May I remind you that Lubuntu since May, 15, 2012 has NO one in a lead
position? and now, some sub-teams are lacking that as well.

However, that is not a problem. Because, there are some 'great news' I
decided to wait a bit before I share it. Lubuntu will receive soon a
massive support. Wait and see!

Also, Lubuntu is 'not' like any other project. I've been around enough to
know this fact and anyone who has recently joined can tell you.

Can you for example tell me the difference between Lubuntu and say Kubuntu
or Xubuntu? we can't even compare at some points because Lubuntu lack some
important points which exist with other projects and don't exist in Lubuntu.

And, we don't need 100 people to organize the team. 5 is more than enough
if they do love the team and the system.

As for the word community. I insist to include it because: refer back to
the proposal and read it and then think about Lubuntu as of today and see
how these will improve a lot.

Lubuntu, my dear friend, at some point, gives you the feeling that it is a
one-man-project. I have some examples about that.
The idea is to re-build this community - refer back please to my reply to
Phill.

> 3. You must have a concrete member case (at least 10).

I am sorry, why???
Why 10? I fail to see the logic here. Again, please re-read the proposal +
do a re-assessment or take a general overview at Lubuntu as of today.

Again, Lubuntu is different from other projects/communities.

> Look at the Kubuntu Council. It was elected by 56 Kubuntu members. I
> seriously don't want the structure to become simliar to Edubuntu's Council,
> i.e. there are 5 council seats yet there are only 5 members.

Again, refer to my above reply!

> Regards,
> Howard Chan (smartboyhw)

Thank you so much for sharing but please, don't make things harder, we are
dying to make life easier here :)

KISS = Keep It Simple and Short.

Best Regards,