Re: Back on 13.10 release - Lxsession Edit

2013/11/19 JM <meets@xxxxxx>:

> On Mon, 18 Nov 2013 11:24:18 +0100
> Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> - Change in autostart applications : all applications in /etc/xdg and
>> .config/autostart/ was disable by default. That's was a design decision to
>> reduce the number of applications launching randomly. It was replaced by an
>> application to define more clearly what applications you want to start by
>> default (with lxsession-default-app). With some feedbacks, I think it was a
>> bad idea, it confused too much people. So, I turned this off by default
>> upstream, and I'll also do it in Lubuntu in 14.04. That was also the goal
>> of 13.10, doing experimentations.
>>
>> If you want to turn it off now manually, go to lxsession-default-app =>
>>

>> - Remove lxsession-edit
>>
>> It was also replaced by lxsession-default-app, all the functionalities are
>> now in lxsession-default-app => Autostart, but also if you set « no »to
>> « Disable autostarted applications ? »
>

> Hi,
> I have tried lxsession edit and I didn't understand the features provided by the
> different actions.
>
> I have shown it to someone else (who is quite keen with computers) and he said the same
> thing. "No idea what these actions do".
>
> I just wanted to let you know.
>
> Regards,
> Mélodie

Mélodie,

Regarding lxsession edit, I agree with you: I'm still fighting to
understand it. (I'm a Lubuntu user since 11.10)

However, some other folks seems to have got how it works:
http://mylinuxexplore.blogspot.com.br/2013/10/lubuntu-1310-saucy-salamander-review.html

"Though Lubuntu is yet to get an LXDE control center like PCLinuxOS
LXDE or ROSA and the settings items are scattered through Menu ->
Preferences. Another interesting addition I saw is the Default
applications for LXSession entry in Preferences. Earlier adding any
program to autostart in LXDE would mean hitting the terminal. But, now
with this option, adding programs to autostart (from Running or
Launching applications and/or directly adding an entry to autostart)
has become a lot easier. Further, settings give options of changing
default DE, adding Gnome Dbus and/or setting up Lubuntu in laptop
mode. I like Lubuntu more than any of the previous versions that I
have used."

Well, that's the blogger opinion... not mine though.

Just wanted to share a different point of view.

--
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ibere-Fernandes