Re: Lubuntu no longer suspends laptop when lid closed

On 28.01.2014 19:33, brendanperrine@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 7:45 AM, Lars Noodén <lars.nooden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 28.01.2014 17:37, Iberê Fernandes wrote:
>>> 2014-01-26 Lars Noodén <lars.nooden@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> [snip]
>>>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xfce4-power-manager/+bug/1272955
>>>
>>> Lars,
>>>
>>> Have you checked the workaround at
>>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xfce4-power-manager/+bug/1222021?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>
>> Thanks, Iberê.  That's a slightly different bug.  For me the Power
>> Manager settings work.  It's just that I was caught off guard with the
>> change to my own settings made by the upgrade.  Having a different
>> default in a fresh install is one thing but quietly overriding existing
>> settings is another.
>>
>> Regards,
>> /Lars
>>
> One thing with not suspending is will people get a new install close the
> lid do something else and come back to a dead battery? Not sure this is the
> best default.

Given that the battery charge does not last that long to begin with, a
dead battery is a big problem.

There is also a matter of heat.  I haven't checked with this model but
with other models if the lid was closed while the machine stayed active
then it got *really* hot.

Regards
/Lars