Re: latest Lubuntu 14.04 in virtualbox

Virtual machines are excellent for testing, and during the alpha series may
be better... But as we move to beta, we do need real machine installs so
that we can see if the error is an issue where the VM system does not have
the advanced facilities of the new release.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Overview/TheStages holds further details.