Re: beta testing: stuck after trying installing via 'something else' with Lubuntu 32-bit desktop iso

Den 2014-09-25 06:16, Nio Wiklund skrev:
> Den 2014-09-24 20:38, meets@xxxxxx skrev:
>> On Wed, 24 Sep 2014 10:46:38 -0700
>> ∅ <wxl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Oh, no, bug reporting is good!!! Do it often and always!!!

>>> Yeah I was more suggesting this. I consider red bugs to be
>>> showstoppers, i.e. we either fix it or there's no release. Just kind
>>> of wanted to share that logic, that it should be something that
>>> affects most people.
>>>
>>> wxl
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am sorry I am unavailable to test right now, and not having a machine with multiboot
>> available to test in the same conditions. I just have a thought to share: the install
>> option "something else", if I don't mistake, is the one dedicated to (so called) experts,
>> the manual partitioning and setup. I think this is a very important option of the
>> installer and should not be neglected. If something goes wrong there, it could be nice to
>> wait that someone else can test and check what's going on there.
>>
>> Just saying. If you think it is a minor bug, while having a swap shared between
>> distros, just go ahead with gray. :)
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Mélodie
>>
>> PS: Nio, just an idea, what about trying again, but after you reformat your swap
>> partition anew? (Just in case that swap could be corrupted, which can sometimes
>> happen).
>>

> Hi Ø and Mélodie,
>
> I have marked the bug grey. After all, it seems I'm alone with this bug,
> and I can install, if I run the installer as the first application
> program. But I will look more into the problem, trying to find out what
> mechanism is causing the problem.
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Hi again,

I found the problem :-)

A program tested before ubiquity left cruft in /etc/mtab, which was not
seen by df, and not affecting other terminal window commands (umount and
swapoff), but it was affecting ubiquity. This is a very special case.

Running various programs, and checking that /etc/mtab is clean (matching
the output of df), makes it possible to install into this same computer
with a USB 3 HDD, as well as installing into another computer's internal HDD

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M2NVM_DVI/

So we can give bug #1373365 very low priority.