Re: lubuntu oversize

On 10/19/2014 11:03 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
Dear Lubuntu testers, release manager and everybody else with an opinion,

* If you think it is important with a desktop ISO file within CD size,
please tell us here and now!

* If you think it is enough with a Lubuntu alternate iso within CD size,
you need not do anything, because this is how it is now. But if you want
to 'defend' the current desktop iso file, please do so here and how!

I think it is good that at least one of the Ubuntu variants (Lubuntu) will run a live system from a CD, especially on this long-term-support release.

Being able to run a live system is important to verify that the graphics chip is supported, and that the wireless can be made to work.

If that same system can be made to run live using a USB drive, that is acceptable to me, though some such machines have only the original slow USB, which makes it run slowly, but at least it works.

I have an older (32-bit) MacBook machine, with only a CD drive, so this capability is useful for this machine, and as far as I know, I can't boot a live system on it from a USB drive (please correct me if this is not correct).

That being said, observing the ever-increasing sizes of newer Linux kernels, there will probably come a time when running a live-CD system (from a CD) will not be possible.

--
Sincerely,
Aere