Re: Vivid desktop amd64 does not boot on MacBook Pro

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 7:58 AM, Lars Noodén <lars.nooden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 02.02.2015 17:18, Walter Lapchynski wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 6:38 AM, Lars Noodén <lars.nooden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1415848

> Is there some parameter I can pass to the kernel via grub to do
> something useful?  When I edit the boot parameters to take out "splash"
> and "quiet" I get a little more information and see that it stops right
> after these lines:
>  [    7.57234] [drm] radeon kernel modesetting enabled.
>  [    7.575302] fb: switching to radeondrmfb from EFI VGA
> So that would help identify which package it should be instead of "linux"?

Not really. I doubt you have a video problem if DVD-RW works fine.

>> 4. What other images do work?
> Using the DVD RW, all work.  Using the USB stick, none seem to work so
> far for AMD64.

Sounds like information the bug report could use. Even your
description needs changing since "Lubuntu vivid desktop amd64 does not
boot" does not apply to all situations.

Have you tried an entirely different USB stick? Have you tried the
same USB stick in different ports?

It's certainly possible this could be a problem with your hardware,
too. That being said, I further encourage you to reach out and find
someone with the same hardware.

--
@wxl
Lubuntu Release Manager, Head of QA