Re: Intel Celeron M processor 900MHz ("GenuineIntel 686-class) 631 MHz

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 7:58 AM, Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> With such and old processor (only 900 MHz), we cannot be sure that there
> is PAE capability. Try with a non-pae kernel - and a very light-weight
> distro
>
> ToriOS, Wary Puppy, TahrPup, Tiny Core.
>
> If you want to try 14.04 LTS, I suggest that you try with something with
> Phill's non-pae kernel, for example

Gents:

Just a brief comment, which may or may not be relevant, but a month or so
back I installed Xubuntu 12.04 on a 2000 era Powermac G4 with a raging 450
MHz processor . . . seems to be "OK" . . . .  The optical drive only mounts
CDs so fortunately I had a I believe live iso that fit into a CD so I was
able to do the install . . . have been putting off trying an upgrade to
14.04, because I'd like to test it out before doing install, meaning I
would need to boot DVDs.  Like I'm saying, don't know if that is relevant
to PAE or non, etc . . . things do take a little longer compared to my
iBook with 933 MHz, but do happen.