Re: Intel Celeron M processor 900MHz ("GenuineIntel 686-class) 631 MHz

On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 15:58:27 +0100
Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Den 2015-03-11 14:18, Lars Noodén skrev:
> > Which pieces do I need to get Lubuntu 14.04 onto a machine with an Intel
> > Celeron M processor 900MHz ("GenuineIntel 686-class) 631 MHz processor?

> Hi Lars,
>
> With such and old processor (only 900 MHz), we cannot be sure that there
> is PAE capability. Try with a non-pae kernel - and a very light-weight
> distro
>
> ToriOS, Wary Puppy, TahrPup, Tiny Core.

Hi,

I would also point to antiX MX 14.3 which is one of the latest antiX babies. A really
good one, for oldies.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/antix-linux/files/Final/MX-14.3/

There is a non-pae version as you can see.

Built with the antiX magic basis, it's super light. Using the repos from antiX, from
Mepis, and from Debian Wheezy, it can get many more packages once installed.

Here is a feedback I posted at the antiX forum:
http://antix.freeforums.org/mx-14-recent-install-short-feedback-t5527.html

Since then, I have installed the MX 14.3 on other machines, with the same pleasure of use
each time.

Best regards,
Mélodie