AppGrid for Lubuntu?

Thanks to Simon Quigley (tsimonq2), I was watching a recent Linux Action
Show and they mentioned this nice user-friendly alternative to the Ubuntu
Software Center called [AppGrid][1]. It's built from the ground up and
focused on speed in Python. That's about all I know about it, but I'm
thinking that there may be some benefit to consider hacking this to use a
limited set of packages and making it ours? I can see it's using GTK+, so
there's that to worry about it, too, but that may or may not be easy. Just
passing it on if it's of interest to anyone. :)

[1]: https://launchpad.net/appgrid

--
@wxl | http://polka.bike
Lubuntu Release Manager & Head of QA