Re: Updated build system to use system packages (you need to install packages)

On 12-02-29 11:49 AM, Gavin Panella wrote:
> On 29 February 2012 16:29, Francis J. Lacoste
> <francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I've landed a branch that update our buildout system to get runtime
>> dependencies from the system packages instead of getting them from PyPi.
>
> You may not have seen this, but your landing was reverted; it broke
> the build and we couldn't figure out how to fix it.
>
> Fwiw, I did follow the new instructions in HACKING.txt to install
> packages but it continued to complain. I got buildout to update
> versions.cfg and it added ~10 new dependencies, and I decided to halt
> there, thinking there must be something wrong.
>
> We ought to resurrect this, but perhaps we can do a "make-fest" before
> landing it, to iron out weirdness between machines.

So have some make-festing we found out the source of the problems:

- HACKING.txt was missing python-oops-twisted in the list of runtime
packages.
- dependencies are resolved from the eggs cache first, so make sure you
nuke that one (look in ~/.buildout/defaults.cfg) for the location,
otherwise it sits in eggs/ in the source directory by default.

Once that extra package is installed and the existings eggs cache
removed, every things seems to be working properly.