Re: Cobbler Replacement (?)

Hi Dafang,

It's a little bit weird, I think it's something about your network setup.
If you use the maas-dhcp package to enable the DHCP support by MAAS, that's
should not append.

Did you use the NIC private interface of Virtual box?

For my own, I did 2 setups, one on virtual machine (vmware fusion) and one
on bare metal.

For the the virtual setup, my MAAS server has 2 NIC card, one for the
outside (manage by the vmware dhcp) and an other one configured in private
network.
The MAAS server is configured on the private NIC private interface. To
reconfigure this do:

$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure maas
> $ sudo dpkg-reconfigure maas-provision

Also my MAASlave vm only use a private nic card. I also enable the ipv4
forward on the kernel of the MAAS server and add 2 iptables rule to give
internet access to the MAASlave like so:

$ sudo iptables -t nat --append POSTROUTING --out-interface eth0 -j
> MASQUERADE

$ sudo iptables --append FORWARD --in-interface tun0 -j ACCEPT

$ sudo echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

$ sudo echo "net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1" >> /etc/sysctl.conf

$ sudo sysctl -p net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1

On my bare metal setup I also let MAAS manage my DHCP.
Hope it can help because at the moment I have no clue for your issue.

Cheers!