Registration of workers (aka Cluster Controllers)

This is something that we've talked about before but not got around to
deciding on a solution because we've been kinda busy with the Cobbler removal

We have a chicken and egg problem of adding new workers if we want to automate
it.  Basically, the new worker would need to discover the MAAS server ("Region
Controller") and register itself.  To do anything useful, the worker has to
have an API key for the server so we don't want any old worker coming along
and getting a key and potentially handling compromised nodes.  Additionally,
the workers need to be configured with DHCP details.  We can fill most of
these in automatically but not everything.  Admins will still need to set up
IP ranges, netmask, etc.

Therefore, I see no option other than to introduce a manual step when adding
new workers.  I can think of two immediate ways of doing this:

1. Worker uses Avahi to discover the MAAS and enlists itself in much the same
way as a node does.  We'd then wait for the admin to fill in the blank details
and accept the worker.

2. Have an "Add Worker" form on the MAAS admin pages where the admin just does
everything.

Once a worker is fully defined we already have a way for it to receive an API
key from MAAS, it just needs to be pushed down at the right point.

What are your thoughts on this?  Have I made any bad assumptions?