Re: Upgrading from 12.04 packaging in SRU

Howdy!

> When we release the cobbler-less SRU, we need to make sure it upgrades from
> the old setup properly.
As it was agreed and discussed, SRU'ing is tricky as it would mean
promoting dependencies to main in precise which are in universe, such as
python-celery; besides the fact, of course, that doing so doesn't really
apply to a SRU. We believe it is better to stay with PPA's.

WHile I have not yet tested upgrades to a cobblerless MAAS, here are my
thoughts:

>  * ensure syncdb is run on startup
This is being done.

>  * cron jobs for image imports need to change (or is this actually backwards
> compatible?)

This will need to change, but it is minimal change.

>  * DHCP config - we should be able to leave Cobbler's in place, right?  There
> is a script to generate a static one now though, it might be best to run that.

Why would we want to leave cobbler in place? When upgrading we will
simply conflict/replace maas-provision which will remove the cobbler
bits.

>  * TFTP won't work until the new import script is run, or the existing images
> are moved around as the path has changed to be under /maas

This will have to be run manually by the administrator.

--
Andres Rodriguez
Ubuntu Server Developer