Re: DHCP packaging

Hi Julian,

> So, what I am proposing is to properly put DHCP-specific files into the maas-
> dhcp package and make maas depend on maas-dhcp (rather than the other way
> around).

maas Recommends maas-dhcp as it is not required to be installed because
we can still use external DNS/DHCP. However, it does get installed by
default.

Now, given that maas installs maas-provision, that's the reason why
maas-dhcp depends on maas.

> Does this sound OK?  If so, can you give me some hints please as I am not a
> seasoned packager :)

Now, in order to get the cluster-controller, region-controller etc, we
need to make several packaging changes. After talking to Raphael, I
think a good start would be:

 * maas
   - Depends: python-django-maas, python-maas-provisioningserver,
maas-region-controller, maas-cluster-controller
 * python-django-maas
   - Installs: src/maasserver, src/metadataserver
 * python-maas-provisioningserver
   - Installs: src/provisioningserver
 * maas-region-controller:
   - Installs: maas-txlongpoll upstart job, installs DB, installs
apache2, etc.
   - Depends: python-django-maas, python-maas-provisioningserver
 * maas-cluster-controller
   - Installs: maas-pserv, maas-celery upstart job
   - Depends: python-maas-provisioningserver

Now, I think it would be a good idea to create a different packaging
branch, such as: lp:~maas-maintainers/maas/packaging.cluster, which is
stacked on top of lp:~maas-maintainers/maas/packaging, so others can
work on it and we can also benefit from fixes that hit the packaging
branch.

Either way I'd like to upload a new release to the Archives *before* we
go ahead with the package split.

Cheers.
--
Andres Rodriguez