Re: DHCP packaging

On 12-09-20 04:30 AM, Gavin Panella wrote:
> On 20 September 2012 08:55, Julian Edwards <julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> So, what I am proposing is to properly put DHCP-specific files into the maas-
>> dhcp package and make maas depend on maas-dhcp (rather than the other way
>> around).
>
> Is there a reason that they're packaged separately in the first place?
> What would be the impact of bundling them as one?

Don't you only need maas-dhcp if you want MAAS to control DHCP. If you
want to manage DHCP and DNS yourself, my understanding is that you'd not
install maas-dhcp. But maybe, it could all be in the same package and
that turning DHCP off in MAAS simply means that you have isc-dhcpd
installed for nothing.

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx