Re: MAAS testing: maas - 0.1+bzr1063+dfsg-0+1080+96~ppa0~quantal1

On 27 September 2012 01:33, Diogo Matsubara <matsubara@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I used the cli to perform some operations and would benefit from more
> documentation. For example I wanted to set the ipmi for the declared
> nodes and for such I need to be able to filter by mac_address. How do
> I pass a list to the cli?

By repeating the parameters: param=123 param=abc

However, istr that power parameters are weird. I'll talk to rvba
tomorrow about this.

> ubuntu@lenovo-RD230-01:~$ maas-cli api maas nodes list
> mac_address=00:e0:81:dd:d5:9a
> usage: /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/maascli/__main__.py [-h] {api} ...
> /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/maascli/__main__.py: error: not a
> valid non-string sequence or mapping object
>
> Different combinations of "00:e0:81:dd:d5:9a", [00:e0:81:dd:d5:9a] didn't work.

This is due to a bug in urllib.urlencode:

https://code.launchpad.net/~allenap/maas/urlencode-is-duckist/+merge/126584
works around it.

https://code.launchpad.net/~allenap/maas/utf8-before-urlencode/+merge/126587
provides a version of urlencode that makes some sense.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/maas/+bug/1052875, marked Critical.