MAAS testing: maas - 0.1+bzr1063+dfsg-0+1080+96~ppa0~quantal1

Hi there,

today I tried maas - 0.1+bzr1063+dfsg-0+1080+96~ppa0~quantal1 from the
dailybuilds PPA.

After installing the package, dhcp didn't work and I had no
/var/lib/maas/dhcp/ dir or /var/lib/maas/dhcp-interfaces files. Do I
need an extra step here after installation to have the file written?

I commented on bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/maas/+bug/1055935

(I then manually created the missing files and proceeded with the testing)

I used the cli to perform some operations and would benefit from more
documentation. For example I wanted to set the ipmi for the declared
nodes and for such I need to be able to filter by mac_address. How do
I pass a list to the cli?

ubuntu@lenovo-RD230-01:~$ maas-cli api maas nodes list
mac_address=00:e0:81:dd:d5:9a
usage: /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/maascli/__main__.py [-h] {api} ...
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/maascli/__main__.py: error: not a
valid non-string sequence or mapping object

Different combinations of "00:e0:81:dd:d5:9a", [00:e0:81:dd:d5:9a] didn't work.

Then I set the values manually and accepted and commissioned the
nodes. One through the web ui and the others using the cli.

ubuntu@lenovo-RD230-01:~$ maas-cli api maas nodes accept-all

The response for this command is a header and json data. Are there
plans to make this human readable or is this supposed to be consumed
by software?

I think the ipmi power on command didn't fire at this point, there's
nothing showing in the celery.log that a power_on taks has been run.

(I manually booted the nodes from the server command line)

I set all the nodes to deploy quantal rather than the default but they
were deployed with 12.04. Is there anything else that needs to be
done?

That was it. I stopped here as I wanted to test deploying juju on quantal.

Cheers,
--
Diogo M. Matsubara

Follow ups