Re: Loose ends while finishing up docs for 12.10-stabilization milestone.

Thanks for tackling this Gavin.  Comments below:

On 18/11/12 20:31, Gavin Panella wrote:
> I'm trying to finish up the docs for 12.10-stabilization, and I've
> found a lot of loose ends around maas-import-pxe-files, especially now
> that it's hidden behind a Celery task (import_boot_images).
>
> My current plan of action is below. I'll do a one-to-one
> pre-implementation review with someone tomorrow, but as it touches on
> a lot of things I want to find out if this interferes with anyone
> else's plans before I get stuck in.
>
> - Update HACKING.txt and INSTALL.txt with new instructions, now that
>   maas-import-pxe-files is not for mortals.
>
> - Remove etc/cron.d/maas-import-pxe-files.

We *could* update this to make a task instead of using
CELERYBEAT_SCHEDULE, depending on ease of use.

> - Add import_boot_images to CELERYBEAT_SCHEDULE on the *region*.
>   Should probably be a no-op until it has been called at least once,
>   manually.

Presumably the region's task would just initiate a cluster-wide download?

> - Update setup.py to put maas-import-pxe-files somewhere
>   else... perhaps. Same with the other maas-import-* scripts.

What's the rationale for that?

> - Remove maas-import-isos.
>
> - Update warning about maas-import-pxe-files in src/maasserver/api.py.
>
> - Investigate use of COMPONENT.IMPORT_PXE_FILES enum.
>
> - Update references to maas-import-pxe-files in comments and
>   docstrings, in
>
>   * src/maasserver/models/bootimage.py
>   * src/provisioningserver/pxe/config.py
>
> - Update exception message referencing maas-import-pxe-files in
>   src/provisioningserver/kernel_opts.py.
>
> - Remove man/maas-import-pxe-files.8.

I think this should be updated, not removed.  It's a handy tool to have
around to run manually if necessary and the man page can/should explain
that it's normally run automatically but can also be run manually if
necessary.

> - Ignore the man directory, and remove it in Makefile:clean.
>
> - Ensure that man pages are generated in the package build, and placed
>   into the package.

Cheers.