Re: Testing SRU/trunk packages in the QA Lab

2. Bug in our backport of the Django 1.4 method prefetch_related
The error: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1362899/
This can be exercised by running the test suite on a precise instance,
install 1.3.1-4ubuntu1.4~precise1+ppa1 (with includes the backport of
prefetch_related) and run the test suite of the 1.2 branch.
I /think/ this is because we need the feature introduced in
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/17003
  for prefetch_related to work.  This will need more investigation to be
fixed properly.

I've fixed it, it was some code I had missed in the original backport.
There's a new package available (by the time you read this) in the
experimental PPA.

I think there are still some parts that are missing.

Running the test suite of the 1.2 branch on a precise instance (with the django package from the experimental ppa), I'm getting exceptions: AttributeError: 'ManyRelatedManager' object has no attribute 'query_field_name' (http://paste.ubuntu.com/1369927/).

These failures go away if I comment out the calls to prefetch_related in MAAS' code.

This is the change that your patch does to the definition of the class 'ManyRelatedManager':

    http://paste.ubuntu.com/1370197/

And in Django's sources, the commit 662eea116f5a188b6983f5f7c01c8247e3b6b309 (which fixes https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/16937 and introduces prefetch_related) changes the same code this way:

    http://paste.ubuntu.com/1370200/

I think you've missed part of the diff (namely the introduction of the field 'query_field_name').

R.