Re: MAAS Testing: 0.1+bzr1382+dfsg-0ubuntu1~ppa1

On 2012-11-29 23:57, Diogo Matsubara wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I did exploratory testing for the manual tags and custom kernel
> options features on maas 0.1+bzr1382+dfsg-0ubuntu1~ppa1 from the
> experimental PPA
>
> Here are my findings:
>
> * Should we have validation for the kernel opt field? looks like it
> accepts any kind of data.

We could, but I'm not personally sure what is valid kernel options. We
could try ensuring it is at least UTF8 text, I suppose.

> * maas-cli maas nodes check-commissioning returns a Unrecognised
> signature: POST check_commissioning o Filed
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/maas/+bug/1084292 * No navigation to
> the tag view other than from the tagged node itself

So you can go to "MAAS/tags/<tag-name>/view" but you're right that we
don't have a tag list view. (Per prioritization, and not sure how that
would end up linked from the front page, etc. There was talk of doing
a cloud of tags, or whatever.)

> * Manually assigning a tag without definition to a node works ok.
> * Couldn't make the definitions works though. I tried to tag the
> lenovo nodes in the QA lab using the following: o maas-cli maas
> tag update lenovo
> definition='contains(//node[@class="system"]/vendor, "Lenovo")' o
> then rebuilding but no nodes were tagged. I tried a couple of other
> variants of the definition, no luck. Any hints?

When I manually ask python's lxml to run that definition against the
lshw you linked, it matches correctly. I wonder if it is more of a
problem of your provisioning server not being able to process the
hardware details correctly? (Rabbit not sending the request, the API
not allowing the provisioning server to request or post back work, etc.)

You shouldn't need to rebuild. The act of changing the tag should
rebuild for you. If it doesn't, that would also be a bug.

Can you grab the logs for the cluster workers? (logs/cluster/current,
IIRC). Though that might only be in dev mode. Mabye
/var/log/maas/cluster* ?

John
=:->