Re: DNS problems and bug 1250435

Why do we have custom hostnames? They're pretty, but we're ought to be
thinking big, and nobody is going to try and give meaningful names for
1000+ nodes.

If folk want pretty names for specific nodes, let that happen either
outside of MAAS, or let us to have a separate feature in MAAS for
assigning a pretty alias to a node.

I agree, but we already have support for custom hostnames for historical reasons so let's keep it. Apart from that I agree with you and that's why I suggest we make the generated hostname the default hostname handed out to clients.