Re: Comments on the networks feature

On 24 February 2014 00:47, Julian Edwards <julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1. http://imgur.com/ujbp22w
>   This selection box at the bottom of "add network" is a bit crazy I'm
> afraid - it won't scale at all.  I think what we need is a JS-based node
> picker (noDe!) which once selected allows further selection of that
> node's interface.  If this is going to take more time than we have
> available this week I'd rather just fix the node edit page to add it
> that way than have this selection box, don't you think?

Let's remove this widget. Like Julian says, it's not going to work
with more than about 10 nodes. Also, it's too easy to accidentally
destroy things by inadvertently clicking in one of those selection
boxes and saving. It's a bulk action masquerading as something much
less. If something like this is essential, it could be modelled using
checkboxes, rendered within a div of limited size that grows a
scrollbar when it's too big. That would greatly reduce the effects of
error. However, given the time we have before the upcoming release,
just ditching it would be the best thing to do I think.