Re: Getting rid of bootresources.yaml (sort of)

On 24/04/14 13:07, Julian Edwards wrote:

> It turns out that we have an API call to query available boot images, so
> once the import is kicked off via the API, it can then poll for completion.
>
> So unless I am missing something, there's no blocker to getting rid of
> the command line script?

I suppose it depends on what they really want:

(a) A "feel" for when it's done, roughly.

(b) An assurance at some point that it's done.

(c) An assurance that given images are available.

For (a), yes, the script is slightly nicer than tail'ing the log.  For
(b) or (c), just waiting for the script to complete introduces race
conditions.  But AFAICS, yes, the API _can_ provide such assurances.

Jeroen