Re: Fixing static DHCP

Ok let me summarise the use cases:
 1. Need ability for MAAS to assign a static IP to a node
 2. Need ability for a user to request an IP for a node (by MAC) in the
cluster interface's range
 3. MAAS will assign dynamic addresses to a host when commissioning etc
 4. MAAS will ensure DHCP host entries are written for the Node when it gets
allocated, and remove those entries when the Node is released.
 5. Allow the admin to define networks whose config values (subnet etc) can be
used for static IPs
 6. Allow for an API to obtain extra static addresses.

Based on the discussions here, I suggest these model changes:

Network table gains columns:
 subnet, broadcast, router

New table "IPAddress" with columns:
 * Node (FK), mac_address (FK), ip_address (IPAddress field type), network
(FK), type (enum)

"type" is "allocated" (by maas) or fixed (by admin), can be extended later if
we need.

NodeGroupInterface table gains columns:
 * Network (FK) so we can associate a network with an interface for static
allocations

The other settings from the DHCP server (subnet etc) will be shared with the
static range (can't avoid it really, due to the DHCP server's config).

JTV, can you comment on whether this is enough data for Postgres to be able to
efficiently run a query to grab an unallocated IP inside a cluster interface?

Cheers