mactel-support-community team mailing list archive

Re: mactel-support PPA for Oneiric?

On Oct 30, 2011, at 07:41 AM, war wrote:
> Another issue is that creating a bootable usb stick does not work for EFI.

There has been much work on this in the past, information posted in the forums. It isn't straightforward.

> A PPA would make sense only if there is additional support for hard- and software. If there is nothing to report and enhance, I see little reason to maintain a PPA.
> I would not keep it just for reminiscence.

They were intended to be what you are describing. Bring software / drivers needed for Apple hardware and "fixed" replacement packages for things already available in the repos.