mactel-support-community team mailing list archive

Re: mactel-support PPA for Oneiric?

> A PPA would make sense only if there is additional support for hard- and
> software. If there is nothing to report and enhance, I see little reason to
> maintain a PPA.
> I would not keep it just for reminiscence.

I had to custom-compile dkms modules to get my trackpad to be recognized in
Oneiric.  I have a macbook pro 8,3.  The hid, hid-apple, and bcm5974
modules did not support my trackpad model, which is known as wellspring 5A.
You can see my patches here:

hid-dkms:
https://github.com/bendavis78/hid-dkms/commit/da0226f71d460bd1fa303772abc035a879c12560
hid-apple-dkms:
https://github.com/bendavis78/hid-apple-dkms/commit/8a1e4e2534bebe4de9750f6ff1c281b3a3cbdd8a
bcm5974-dkms:
https://github.com/bendavis78/bcm5974-dkms/commit/4e44d55768b3cfbdddb41d9a4c4e2d86b0d96f6f

(These were forked from http://bitmath.org/git/bcm5974-dkms.git)

A mactel-support PPA for oneiric would have been very useful in my case.