mactel-support-community team mailing list archive

Re: mactel-support PPA for Oneiric?

On 10/29/2011 06:35 PM, Ben Davis wrote:
> Are there any plans to release a mactel-support PPA for Oneiric?  What
> needs to be done to make this happen?

I have a Macbook Pro 6-2 (2010 Model). Oneric supports everything out of
the box fine.
One issue still is that the left speaker does not work in Ubuntu (it
works fine in MacOS and with the boot sound.
The hint with the alsa mixer does not work.

Another issue is that creating a bootable usb stick does not work for EFI.

I find it irritating that the wiki pages are not updated correctly.

A PPA would make sense only if there is additional support for hard- and
software. If there is nothing to report and enhance, I see little reason
to maintain a PPA.
I would not keep it just for reminiscence.