mactel-support team mailing list archive

Re: Januty

Hi,

Henrik I noticed the packages you built for Januty in the PPA.

Why the version bump on the Januty package to the Intrepid package for applesmc-dkms? I did a diff and I cannot see anything changed other than the packaging. Is this correct? If we are just adjusting the packaging instead of the code it would be better to append the version with 0.14.4-0ubuntu1~mactel-support1~intrepid1 and 0.14.4-0ubuntu1~mactel-support1~januty1 so we can update the packaging within the same source release? The 0ubuntu1 shows there is no Debain package and only a Ubuntu package, the ~mactel-support1~intrepid1 is the package revision. It would also make the PPA a little neater. This also falls in with the PPA packaging guide at https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA.

I have the new packages for 0.14.4 for Januty updated locally with the version appended as above. I was going to add them to the PPA today but Henrik has all ready updated the packages.

Thanks,

Adam

Henrik Rydberg wrote:
applesmc-dkms
bcm5974-dkms

I have rebuilt these two for jaunty, but since I am still on intrepid, I
would be happy to hear about any successful installs.

Cheers,
Henrik