Re: bzr commit into MariaDB 5.1, with Maria 1.5:maria branch (knielsen:2698)

On 8-May-09, at 1:45 AM, Kristian Nielsen wrote:

Kristian Nielsen <knielsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I suggest you re-commit all of the changes as a single commit (this is generally preferred in Maria development), or at least add a good commit message (eg. mention fixing the BUILD/ scripts). Also, you should add per-file commit messages; one way to do this I know of is using the `bzr gcommit` plugin (I personally do not like per-file commit messages much, but in Maria
development they are generally preferred).

You asked on IRC what I meant with 're-commit'.

There are at least two ways: ...

2. Use `bzr uncommit` to remove the previous commits (but not the related
   changes) in your tree, then do a new commit:

    cd my-original-tree
    bzr uncommit -r2697
    # You can do any additional changes you want here

I have uncommit'd the last 4 of my local commits, but unfortunately gcommit is not available to me as I am doing this work on a headless server. I am not aware of any way this can be done on the command line (I did check #bzr and Google). Do you mind if I omit per-file remarks in this push?

--Toby

    bzr gcommit