Re: Buildbot questions

On 11-May-09, at 7:54 AM, Sergey Petrunya wrote:

Hi!

I've got several questions for our instance of buildbot:
Is it possible to set up buildbot to run several configurations, but one after
the other? Looking at the buildbot status page, I see that
 - there are not too many hosts
 - they are idle most of the time.
Suppose I want to use my 32/64 box to build 32 and 64 bit, debug and release, using gcc and sunstudio. That's 2^3 = 8 combinations, but I don't want to have 8 build bots running in parallel (I dont think the box has enough RAM for
that)?

Hi,

I am setting up a Solaris 10 buildbot and the same situation exists there:

gcc/forte x debug/release

Plus I am planning to add 32/64, which would total 8 configurations. But I am not a buildbot expert so maybe it will be possible to do this another way. (The zone has limited resources also.)

--Toby

p.s.
I myself have almost repaired my desktop computer, so we can expect to have a dual 32/64-bit buildbot slave to be added as soon as I finish setting things
up (sometime this week).

BR
 Sergey
--