Re: bzr commit into MariaDB 5.1, with Maria 1.5:maria branch (knielsen:2706)

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 14:09, Michael Widenius <monty@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<cut>

> Kristian> If we decide to do this, we should of course start maintaining our own
> Kristian> modifications to the files in the MariaDB source tree (especially as Arjen
> Kristian> tells me the information is partly out of date). The above merge procedure
> Kristian> will be able to handle merging own modifications with those done by
> Kristian> Sun/MySQL upstream. I think there is a good chance that we could enlist
> Kristian> the help from someone in community to help maintaining such
> Kristian> documentation (I am thinking in
> Kristian> particular of the man pages and the installation instructions).

Monty> Agree.  Until we get a maintiner, I assume Daniel can start looking at
Monty> these.o

Yes. I can begin looking at them with an eye for making needed
updates. I've already started looking at them as a source of content
for the Knowledgebase. Do you know if it is the installation
instructions, the man pages, the help tables, or portions of all of
them which are partly out of date?

Thanks.

--
Daniel Bartholomew